Here are our most frequently asked questions:
- What days and hours are you open and where are you located?
- What are your rates and how do they compare with other senior care services?
- What payment options and funding are there for your senior day services?
- How does billing work?
- What licensing do you have?
- Is there a long-term agreement involved?
- What if we need help in the evenings, nights or weekends?
- Do you provide transportation services?
- How do you select your staff?
- Who can benefit most from the Aspen Senior Day Center?
- How can I learn more about issues and options available to seniors?
Q: What days and hours are you open and where are you located?
A: We are open Monday – Friday from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. We are located at 3410 North Canyon Rd. in Provo (just north of Day’s Market in the Edgemont area).
Q: What are your rates and how do they compare with other senior care services?
A. Our daily rate is $89 (minimum 3 days per week) which includes participation in all activities, nutritious snacks, and a delicious lunch. Your loved one may attend the center three to five days per week. We also provide transportation for an additional fee based on mileage from the center.
At around $14 per hour, we are the most economical approach to senior care available, even if your loved one is with us every day of the week. In-home care costs $21 to $25 per hour. Assisted Living costs between $2,500 and $6,000 per month depending on the facility and the needs of your loved one. For seniors who want to remain at home but just need a safe and friendly place to go during the day, we are the best solution around!
Q: What payment options and funding are there for your type of services?
A: Like in-home care and assisted living, our services are mostly private pay. [Please note that our type of services are not covered by Medicare.] However, there is some funding available for those who qualify. Here are some options to consider:
- Long-term care insurance – If you have a long-term care insurance policy, it will often pay for in-home care and for adult day care services. Since each policy is unique, please visit with your insurance company to verify coverage. We can help you file your claims.
- Reverse Mortgages – This type of funding is a good option for many seniors. Many seniors sell their homes to fund assisted living. Reverse mortgages allow you to stay at home but use your equity for our services and more.
- V.A. Aid and Attendance Pension — American Patriot Service Corp volunteers will work with any Veteran, their Surviving Spouse, or family in reviewing your needs and discussing available benefits. Please call local American Patriot Service Corp volunteer Darin Knudsen at 801-218-2488.
Q: How does the billing work?
A: We bill before every month for the number of days your loved one is planning to come to the Center. By pre-paying each month you reserve a spot for your loved one at the Center.
Q: What licensing do you have?
A: We are licensed with the Utah State Human Services Department as an adult day care facility. We prefer to refer to ourselves as a Senior Activity Day Center (because we just focus on seniors and we feel that daycare is for kids.) We are the only one of our type in all of Utah Valley.
Q: Is there a long-term service agreement involved?
A: No. To begin services we require a signed participation agreement that only obligates you to two weeks of participation. We find that clients who come for two weeks start to settle in, make friends, and enjoy coming to the Center.
Q: What if we need help in the evenings, nights or weekends?
A: Our services are only provided during the day, Monday through Friday. However, our sister company Aspen Senior Care provides in-home care and assistance to seniors anytime night or day every day of the week in Utah and Salt Lake Valleys. Just give them a call at 801-224-5910.
Q: Do you provide transportation services?
A: We do provide transportation services for many of our clients. There is an additional fee involved for such services and we try to accommodate our clients’ needs best we can. Please call us for more information at 801-607-2300.
Q: How do you select your staff?
A: Each applicant is thoroughly screened as follows: (1) Comprehensive application and initial phone interview; (2) In-depth 45-minute one-on-one interview; (3) Criminal background and (4) Personal and professional reference checks. Each staff member is directly employed by the Aspen Senior Day Center and is trained and certified to assist seniors with dementia. We make it a point to ensure all our staff share our same strong family values.
A: Seniors who live at home with family but want or need to get out and socialize. Seniors with mild to moderate memory loss greatly benefit. Family members who take care of their elderly loved one at home but need and deserve a break also benefit. With regular breaks, they can provide better care at home much longer.